Google WWW lomi40.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Cricket WC 2007 - Part 2


As I said before am going to talk about minnows in this section and this is going to be much shorter than the other top 8.

The so called Minnows in this world cup according to their strengths and weaknesses are:
1) Bangladesh
2) Kenya
3) Zimbabwe
4) Scotland
5) Canada
6) Holland
7)Ireland
8) Bermuda

Bangladesh: I honestly think this is the best bangladesh side to have toured WC. I suppose its their third WC and I think they will be expected to be perform the best with their best team. Their best perfomance in WC was defeatin pakis in 1999 WC. I expect to them to do the same here, trounce one of the big 8's and reach super eights. Tht wud be awesome and incredible. Their main problem is with batting, their batsmen shd make more runs on the board and bowlers shd follow suit. Mashrafe Mortaza and rafique is wat bowlin wud be dependnent on and Habibul Bashar their skipper and Shariar nafees is wat battin wud depend upon.






Kenya: My fav minnows team since 1996 when they upset mighty WI. They have somethin tat none of the other minnows have. Fearless attitude. This is wat seperates kenya frm other minnows and the reason fr their so many upset wins includin impeccable WC semifinal performance in last WC. Still ICC is so god damn crappy tat they dont give them test status and even worse no odi tournaments to play for. Wat the heck is ICC doing and how will kenya improve further with this white dominated politics in ICC. Politics!!!! I hate it. I expect kenya to easily trounce england and reach super eights. Yups I expect 2 minnows bangladesh and kenya to reach super eights. Well to victor goes the spoils.
Zimbabwe: One of the weakest zimbabwean team ever to tour WC. May be weaker than even 1983 WC team. Thus I expect them to tamely exit after first round. Lots of ground work to be don and again politics is the reason, this time black dominated politics in zimbabwe. I hope they can atleast defeat Ireland.

Canada: John davidson is the name u remeber when u think of canada. His awesome battin against WI in 2003 WC. I expect them to lose all their matches but play well as they seem good outfit. Hope Anderson Cummins (former windies player) now representing canada can save them some blushes.

Scotland: Shd try to defeat Holland and learn in this WC.

Holland: A real good minnow team and played well against India in last WC and shd try to defeat scotland.
Ireland: Nothing special I know abt them. Shd try to give zimbabwe run fr their money.

Bermuda: Shd try to learn than perform.






Overall Prediction: Yups here is the overall prediction.

Super Eights:
1) Windies
2) Pakistan
3) South Africa
4) Newzealand
5) Australia
6) India
7) Kenya
8) Bangladesh

Semifinalists:
1) Windies
2) Pakistan
3) South Africa
4) Newzealand

Finalists:
1) Windies
2) Pakistan

Winners:
Windies

Let me warn u this is not astrology. Its basically a mix of my so called expert analysis(yaa I know u are better than me) and intuition ( sixth sense).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Machi..I think after India's loss to Bangladesh today, please don't post anything about the Indian team. It will be very humiliating even to think of the match. Anywayz, Bangladesh played a great game and kudos to them..So Indian team pathi analyze panni time waste pannama..Olunga velaiya paaru.

Very angry Indian fan

Anonymous said...

Nice prediction indeed!